Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church, or “St. Curvy” by it’s nickname was built in 1911 to serve the Presbyterians growing in number in the area. The membership surpassed 2200 by 1921, but by the 1950s many members left Detroit for northern suburbs. From there the membership went into slow decline and the church was closed at the death of the pastor in 2005. From 2010 the building was abandoned and started to fall into disrepair. Current plans are to turn the church into a homeless shelter.
Dimensions: 5184 x 3456 px
File size: 16,9 MB